Hi my name is Lindsey (Bodine) Romo. I am an Artistic Photographer and Wedding Photojournalist to the Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas. You can find my work and contact info at lindseyromo.com

Sunday, January 9, 2011

He asked me to marry him...

Tonight the love of my life and I got in the car and headed to one of our favorite places to get dinner and coffee. As we drove over I was reflecting on how happy I am right now...this last season has been full of change. I quit my job of 6+ years to pursue my dream of being a photographer. Each day since I finally had the courage to walk I've gained back pieces of myself I knew had been suffering from years at a job that sucked the life from me. I have gotten to return home to California twice in 3 months (one being Christmas) to see my family who my heart aches for every second I don't see them. My business has steadily grown and shows so much hope for a future. I have a wonderful man and a boxer girl I adore. And I just feel truly happy and at peace. So I updated my facebook status to this: "Happy. Just lots to be happy about :) Hope to just keep adding to it!"

So we arrive and I noticed he parked a bit far away. I laughed and said, "why don't you park closer  it's freeeeeezing outside!" And he said, "it's fine, Starbucks is just right there." So we get out of the car and he said "I think you're phone is going off." I thought it was weird that he'd heard it cause I was sure it was on vibrate but I pulled it out of my pocket and I had a text. I opened it and it said this: "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

I thought he was playing so I looked up at him about to say something like "don't mess with me" but there he was with a box in his hand...in my stunned state I said "FOR REAL?!?!" He dropped to one knee, I unintentionally dropped my purse...I started crying. He stood up and I said "YES!" as he pulled me into his arms.

So there, by the lampposts on this chilly winter evening I became engaged to the man who I love and have spent an amazing 3 1/2 years with. I am a fiance, will be a wife...to an incredible, strong, selfless, brilliant man who's shown me what real love is like. I thank God for this blessing. My heart, Jeremy Romo, I love you.












 

1 comment: